The Best of Summer 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Sunshine, sun tan lotion, and lots of fun! That’s right, summer is just around the corner. It’s that bright light at the end of the tunnel. So take a break from your tunnel vision focus on finals, and enjoy this breakdown of what this summer has in store!

Fun in the sun
Whether it be a blissful day at the beach or an adventurous outing, make the most of the good weather this summer. Get up, get out, and get some sun. Don’t hide from the heat. Instead, embrace it. If you’ve been listening to your doctor, you know that Vitamin D does the body some good. There is a well-documented relationship between low vitamin D levels and poor bone health. Getting some sun may also shake off the built up wintertime blues! Plus, being outside gets us running, swimming, and engaging in other types of physical activity. But don’t forget to pack your SPF, you can still look hot without getting burnt.

Raising eyebrows with rising hemlines
Spend the long hot summer in thigh-skimming styles like this simple shift dress. Wear it with colorful flats for a chic take on the career wardrobe or dress it up with dangly earrings and pumps.

Lollapalooza lovin’
Summer love applies to more than your personal life. Show your favorite band some love by enjoying the fantastic lineup at this years Lollapalooza.

What better way to unwind from finals, than by reading?
No! Not reading your lecture notes or boring Biology textbook. Crack open the second book of The Hunger Games Trilogy blazing up the New York Times Bestseller List. Catching Fire will be sure to catch your attention and be a great addition to your list of beach-reads.

Photo Sources:
prettystuff.tumblr.com
allthingselegant.tumblr.com
pbs.org
flickr.com

Meghan Keefe is a senior associate on the integrated marketing team at Her Campus Media. While she was a student at Boston College, she was on the HC BC team and led as a Campus Correspondent for two semesters. After graduating and working for three years in public relations, she decided it was time to rejoin the Her Campus team. In her spare time, she enjoys exploring Boston and traveling - anything that gets her outside.