Jennie Ostendorf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

Name: Jennie Ostendorf

Year/Major: 2013 Economics Major, Dance Minor, Athena Scholar

Extracurriculars and passions: Theta, yoga, Dance Comp, Barnard Senior Fund, Barnard in general

Hometown: Pacific Palisades (LA), CA

Relationship Status: Single… it’s miserable and magical at the same time

Describe the perfect spring date and things you’d want to talk about: That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th, because it’s not too hot, not too cold… all you need is a light jacket

Current role model(s): My grandmother, currently and always

Qualities you look for in a guy: Sense of silliness, enjoys jumping up and down as much as I do, loyal, playful, puppy-like behavior in general

Where will you be this summer?: Somewhere in California

The scent you love most: Fresh bagels on a Sunday morning

Are you more of a lake or ocean type of girl? Ocean… is anyone a lake person?

How you endure finals week: Denial

Most memorable moment of second semester: With Senior Week and Graduation approaching, I hope it hasn’t happened yet

Alexandra Shapiro

Columbia Barnard

Alexandra is a Senior at Barnard majoring in American Studies. While she isn't planning the week's pitches for Her Campus Barnard, she can be found checking her horoscope, listening to college acapella videos, decorating her room with Paris-themed accessories, or trying to imitate Charlotte from Sex and the City. She also loves self-improvement, Indian food, the Kennedys, traveling, and laughing at her brother and sister's jokes. She is spending this semester interning in MTV's Marketing department.