This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

With all the rain coming down recently, Auburn has slid into a rainy day slump. Everyone knows that rainy days lead to bad hair, a keen desire to stay in bed, and a certain disregard for appearance. But here’s a way to outfit yourself from head to toe that will have you singing in the rain!

The umbrella is one of the most important components of a rainy day outfit. It is undoubtedly the best way to keep you dry, and the best way to make a statement with your rainy day style. My favorite kind are the Totes brand umbrellas, which are small enough to roll up and put in a backpack. Plus, there are tons of cute patterns available! Even Rihanna rocks the hot pink umbrella, so you should be able to as well.

The next thing for a complete rainy day outfit is the rain jacket. Although it seems that most people go for the traditional frumpy rain coat, there are several more attractive versions. Throwing on an anorak like the one of the ones below can help keep you dry and styling as you trudge through the rain on campus.

Underneath the raincoat, feel free to flaunt your style. If you go for a traditional colored raincoat, like black or gray, it would add a nice pop to your outfit to wear a pair of colored jeans or pants with some sort of interest to them, as in the photo below.

You can even wear a skirt that just peeks out underneath your raincoat, to add a little bit more of a sassy flair to the outfit.

If your hair tends to get frizzy on rainy days, hats are a pretty good coverup for the damp mess that the rain makes of your hair. Beanies seem to be popular, and are a great way to hide your hair, and still look cute.

Finally, we can’t forget the rain boots. These seem to be a popular trend nowadays, and for good reason too. Just look at all the cute patterns available! These will definitely help you make a splash on the next rainy day.

Have any other ideas for rainy day fashion? Let us know in the comments!

Rep Image

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Meghan is a senior at Auburn majoring in microbiology and minoring in journalism. She has been a contributing writer for Her Campus since her freshman year of college, and she absolutely loves it! Her life is made up of alternating periods of stress and relaxation, but full of joy. She loves octopi, Dr. Pepper and strong jawlines.