How To Make Monday's Suck Less

Posted -

It probably still won’t be great, but there’s plenty of room for improvement here!

1. Lay Out Clothes the Night Before—And Not PJs. 

Pick something comfy but still semi-cute. If you feel confident, you’ll have a better day. Plus you never know when you’re going to meet the love of your life. 

2. Allow Yourself Time in the Morning. 

Don’t set your alarm for 5 minutes before you have to leave for class. RESIST. Five more minutes of sleep is not going to make you feel any better. If you start off your day frazzled and rushing, your bad mood will carry through the day. 

3. Eat Breakfast

It really is the most important meal of the day. Decide what you’re going to eat the night before. I do it while I’m falling asleep so when I wake up it’s the first thing I think of. Getting out of bed is a lot easier when you have something to look forward to, (especially if it’s avocado toast). 

4. Listen To Music While You Get Ready

If you have a roommate, use headphones! For extra good energy, make a morning playlist filled with feel good tunes to start your day off right.  

5. Plan A Fun, Relaxing Evening Activity.

Use this as motivation to get through the day. Look forward to it. Make dinner with a friend, spend some quality time with your pet, take a bath, binge watch a little Game of Thrones. Whatever will help you rewind after everyone’s least favorite day of the week. One down four to go, right?  

About The Author

Madeline Sopa is a freshman at Arizona State Univerity, double majoring in computer science and psychology. She is originally from Wisconsin, however, she currently resides in Arizona. She loves her dog Pablo and enjoys taking him on hikes. Maddie, for short, also grows her own mini garden right in her dorm room!

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login