5 Things You Should Know About ACA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.
  • ASU students will be limited to working a MAXIMUM of 25 hours per week. Starting in Fall 2014, if you’re a student leader on campus, you won’t be allowed to possess a secondary on-campus position.

(Photo Credit)

Pro-tip: ASU loves it when students work for free.

• ACA allows an 80/20 rule, which means that health insurance companies are required to spend at least 80% of your premium on healthcare.

• Under your parents’ health insurance, you will now be covered until your 26th birthday.

• Insurers can no longer deny you based on genetic predisposition or pre-existing conditions.

• There are no more “lifetime” dollar limits. So if you have one heck of a Spring Break, you’ll be guaranteed coverage (if you have health insurance).

(Photo Credit)

Pro-tip: Did you catch my pun? If you did, you’re awesome!

Click here to read more about ASU’s ACA Policies: The Affordable Care Act

Stephanie has been a writer at Her Campus ASU for less than one year. She works as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter for the ASU State Press. She wants to be a feature writer for Seventeen Magazine and hopes to earn her M.S in Publishing - Digital and Print Media at the NYU-SCPS school in New York City, NY.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.