From Mountaineer to Panther, Catching Up with Armanti Edwards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at App State chapter.

We all watched him in the stands at The Rock, and now he’s number 14 of the Carolina Panthers! Check out what Armanti Edwards has to say about life after ASU and playing in the NFL. 

Q: All the Appalachian State students are proud to watch you representing our school in the NFL. How do you describe your transition from Mountaineer to Panther?

A: Its been a tough transition so far, considering I had to switch positions, but I am continuing to get better and work hard.

Q: What are some of the things you miss about your days as an Appalachian State Mountaineer?
A: I miss the game day atmosphere, the fans, and of course all of the friends I made throughout the years on the team.

Q: What is your favorite memory of Mountaineer Football?
A: I can’t choose one over the other, but its obviously winning 2 national championships

Q: What’s the team dynamic like with the Carolina Panthers?
A: Everyone in the locker room is excited about our team. Despite our record, we still feel like we are one of the better teams this season.

Q: What motivates you to keep doing what you do?
A: I love playing football

Q: Did you always dream of playing in the NFL?
A: I always dreamed of playing professional sports when I got older. It wasn’t until later on in high school (I realized) what sport I actually wanted to stick with.

Q: You’ve definitely left a legacy at ASU, what do you hope to bring to the Panthers?
A: I hope to do the same as a Panther. Just going to continue to work hard and improve, and let everything else take care of itself.

Q: Are there any past athletes that inspire you while you’re on the field?
A: No, I like to watch certain athletes but I was taught growing up to make a name for myself and not to try and imitate anyone else.

Q: Is there anything else you’d like to add?
A: I would like to thank all of the App fans for their support the years I was there.

Laura Maddox is a Senior at Appalachian State University. Laura was born and raised in Charlotte, NC but loves the mountain air in Boone. She is one of four kids and has an identical twin sister. Laura enjoys reading, fashion, blogging, traveling, chocolate, lots of coffee and riding in the car with the windows down. She has a knack for creative writing, doodling and procrastination. Laura plans on moving to Boston after graduation to pursue a career in the advertising industry as a copywriter. Laura loves APP and will always be a Mountaineer fan!