Best Study Playlist for Maximum Productivity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Amherst chapter.

There is some debate about how productive one can be listening to music while studying
, but I think that with the right song choice music can help create the perfect environment for focusing. The key is to choose songs without distracting beats that also won’t put you to sleep while you’re struggling through a problem set. In this playlist I’ve included some well-known hits like Train’s Drive By that will help you to rally during lulls as well as some more laid-back choices like Lana Del Ray’s Dark Paradise. This mix incorporates the best of mellow sounds, rhythmic instrumentals and catchy lyrics to make studying more enjoyable and help you glide through your pile of work in no time.

1.     No Church in the Wild: Kanye West and Jay Z
2.     Radio: Lana Del Ray
3.     DriveBy: Train
4.     Ours: Taylor Swift
5.     5 O’clock in the Morning: T-Pain feat. Lily Allen and Wiz Kahlifa
6.     Rollingin the Deep: Adele
7.     Better People: Xavier Rudd
8.     The Crave: Chris Young the Rapper
9.     Extreme Ways: Moby
10.  Here (In Your Arms): Hellogoodbye
11.  Walking on a Dream: Empire of the Sun
12.  Cheer Up: J. Cole
13.  Somebody that I Used to Know: Gotye
14.  Up Up and Away: Kid Cudi
15.  Ambitions: Donkeyboy
16.  Dark Paradise: Lana Del Ray
17.  Street Lights: Kanye West
18.  Fences: Phoenix
19.  Muy Tranquilo: Gramatik
20.  No One be Like You: Wale

Evelyn is the Editor-in-Chief of the Amherst branch of Her Campus. She was a features intern at Seventeen Magazine during the summer of 2011 and a features intern at Glamour Magazine during the summer of 2013. She is a French and English major in the class of 2014 at Amherst College. She is also on Amherst's varsity squash team. She is an aspiring travel writer/novelist, and loves running, ice cream, and Jane Austen.