Style > Beauty

DC’s Style Gems: Fashion and Beauty Blogs You Should Be Following

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at American chapter.

These fashion and beauty blogs will make you proud to call DC your current home! Part of the CapFABB (Capital Area Fashion and Beauty Bloggers) network, these local bloggers are featured on our Women in Media panel for AU SOC Week 2013. Keep reading to get to know our panelists!

Blog: Comme Coco

Blogger Jennifer Jean-Pierre of Baltimore, MD/DC area is known for her fashion sense, and showcases her talents on her blog, Comme Coco. She is proud of her Haitian descent but originally hails from the Midwest region. The enthusiast has extensive experience in the beauty industry- she was Director of Outreach of CapFABB (Capital Area Fashion and Beauty Bloggers), has organized fashion shows for Miami’s Winter Music Conference (WMC) , and has been the fashion designer for Smitty music videos. Jean-Pierre shows followers how to put together fashionable, professional and fun outfits while being mindful of their budgets. Posts also include photos, videos, and “Daily Reads.” Comme Coco has been covered by media outlets such as InStyle Magazine (Feb 2013), Essence Magazine, The New York Times, The Washingtonian, among other media outlets.

Follow Comme Coco:

Instagram: @commecoco

Tumblr: Comme-Coco

Twitter: @comme_coco

Pinterest: Comme Coco

YouTube: Comme Coco

Blog: Cupcakes for Breakfast

Blogger Nikki Rappaport of Washington, DC truly believes that “life is sweet, life is colorful.” She studied journalism, dance, art history while at The George Washington University. While working at HouseBeautiful Magazine, she realized that she had fallen in love with the writing field. Her whimsical blog, Cupcakes for Breakfast, celebrates colorful, sweet treats and fashion. It is sprinkled with recipes, photos of trendy clothing, and answers questions about her life’s journey. A couple of her current “Favorite Things” include: Flower Lattice Necklace, J. Crew Flower Lattice Necklace, Bella Cupcake Couture Basic Cupcake Wrappers, and West Elm Heart Mugs

Follow Cupcakes for Breakfast:

Facebook: Cupcakes for Breakfast

Pinterest: Nikki Rappaport (@nikkirap)

Tumblr: http://nikkirap.tumblr.com/

Instagram: @nikkirap

Twitter:@nikkirap

Blog: Fasshonaburu

Blogger Vyque White is a DC resident, Director of New Media at the United Service Organizations (USO), and participates in “Curating Want” (as she calls it) on her site, Fasshonaburu. She is very passionate about dogs, opera singing, dance, and science fiction. White thoroughly enjoys these fashion lines: Betsey Johnson, Custo Barcelona, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs, and many more! White is a part of these sites, among others: Lucky Style Spotter, Style Coalition, Independent Fashion Bloggers. Since 2005, Fasshonaburu has been a place for consumers to spot clothing styles they like for less. White also posts about her dating adventures, and New York Fashion Week. Fasshonaburu has been covered by media outlets, including: Elle Magazine, People.com Blog, The Chicago Tribune Blog.

Follow Fasshonaburu:

Facebook: Fasshonaburu

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/fasshonaburu/

Twitter: @Fasshonaburu

Instagram: @Fasshonaburu

Blog: Politics of Pretty

Blogger Kara Manos may be a marketing consultant in the DC area, but she is also known for her beauty blog, Politics of Pretty. She studied journalism and new media at Towson University, and was previously a junior editor at Capitol File Magazine. On Politics of Pretty, Manos asserts, “In beauty we trust.” She also posts about skincare, fashion, hair, makeup, and spa care (including the beauty practices of public figures in DC). Beauty products recently profiled on her blog include: Iman BB Cream, Stila Countless Color Pigments, and ModelCo Cheek and Lip Tint. Her work has been featured on Washingtonian.com, Refinery29 DC, and in Washington Life, Bethesda and Washingtonian magazines.

Contact Information:

Twitter: @politics_pretty

Facebook: Politics of Pretty

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/politicspretty/

Instagram: @politics_pretty

Blog: The Glossarie

Beauty blogger Lara Ramos of the DC area earned her graduate business degree from none other than American University. Her blog, The Glossarie, has a motto: “Pretty is a lifestyle. This is the guide.” Ramos promotes positivity and an appreciation of life’s treasures. She tries out tens of beauty products weekly, and uses her blog to report on the ones that have worked well for her. Products profiled on The Glossarie include: Hard Candy CC Creme, Colorproof Clearitup Detox Shampoo, and the NYX Wonder Pencil. Ramos and her blog have been featured in the Allure Magazine Beauty Blogger Awards and Conde Nast Traveler, as well as on Polyvore.com, Washingtonian.com, theglitterguide.com, and other media outlets.

Follow The Glossarie:

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/theglossarie/

Twitter: @theglossarie

Facebook: the glossarie.

Excited to hear these DC fashion and beauty bloggers speak? Tweet at @HerCampusAU with the hashtag #HCsoc to follow the event!