This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Albany chapter.

Take a nap

There’s nothing like a taking a break from the real world and resting. Seriously find the time to get a solid 3-4 hours of sleep. You’ll wake up rested, refreshed, and ready to do anything.

Dance to music

Listening to music makes me happy. Whatever gets you in the right mood, turn on your favorite song and bust some moves. 

Take a hot shower

When I say hot, I mean steaming hot. I know the dorm bathroom water gets cold during hot showers but if you live in the apartments just wash your struggles away with some soothing music playing in the background.

Read a book

Perhaps reading a good gossip magazine with photos of the stars looking like normal people will help you realize that if Katy Holmes can wear running pants with Uggs and a baseball hat that you’ll be alright if you go one day without looking slayed. 

Eat some junk food

Eat those snacks that you used to have as a child. If you’re a healthy person, this is your cheat time…make yourself feel better with the goodness of junk.

Do your nails

You’ll feel put together after you have your nails cut, filed, buffed and polished with a color you’ve wanted to try for the longest. If you aren’t feeling as put together…at least your nails will still be on fleek.

Have a girls night

One of my favorite things to do because at a girls night you can talk about almost anything from boys to your aspirations in life to drinking a nice glass of wine or hot chocolate. Turn on a movie for two hours and escape into a different world. You’re never too old for a sleepover.

Go to the gym

Whether you decide to take a walk or go hard in the gym, exercise is one of the healthiest and cheapest ways to relax and relieve stress. 

Organize your room

When your room is organized, you have a clear path to walk in not only in your room, but you feel as if you want to organize your life too. 

Tabia is a senior at SUNY University at Albany. She is studying Journalism with a minor in History and Africana Studies. She would love a career in Journalism as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter. She wants to go to graduate school in her native New York City or Boston, Massachusetts. In her spare time she likes to dance, sing, watch new shows on Hulu and read Her Campus articles. She is currently the Podium Perspective Director and a Staff Writer for the Albany Student Press and a founding member of Kappa Alpha Pi. Go Danes!