Stray of the Month: March

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: No name! It’s up to you.

Breed: Part lab/ brown and white coloring
Age: 5 months
Gender: Male

Spring has arrived so that means it is puppy season on the quad again! Join the quad fun and adopt from a local shelter. The puppy featured this month is perfect for frolicking on the quad. He’s a little guy now but will grow to be a Frisbee catching machine. He is brown and white with a lab-like face and will grow to be a fairly large dog. He is playful and active always needing exercise and attention. This puppy is sweet and very good with children. He is healthy and has had all of his shots and has been neutered.

The part lab also has a sister who needs to be adopted. She is five months old like her brother and is an all over chocolate brown color. Adopting both will keep the family together! The dogs were abandoned and are now residing at Canant Vet while waiting to be adopted. Contact Canant Vet in Tuscaloosa/ Northport at 205-758-7295.

Both of these animals are posted on the T-Town PAWS Petfinder.com website as well as many more cats and dogs that need homes. Type in the kind of pet you want and a location into the Petfinder search bar and find exactly the animal you want.

At  www.ttownpaws.org , go to the services tab on the top of the page and click Our Adoptable Pets from the drop down menu. From there enter the criteria of the pet you’re looking for and click search. Check out the website and help give them good homes!

Also a reminder, February was spay/neuter month but awareness is still important. The Mayor of Tuscaloosa proclaimed a national day, February 28th for the official day of awareness (The full proclamation can be seen on the T-Town PAWS website). Although the day has passed it is important to always spay and neuter your pets!

Once again, before you consider adopting a pet remember, you will be required to take care of your pet both physically and financially. Make sure you have the appropriate means to be a responsible pet owner.

Jessica Johnson is a senior at The University of Alabama double majoring in English Studies and Communication Studies while minoring in Creative Writing. Avid reader, writer and one-man band, Jessica is always working on a project of some sort. After spending summer 2011 interning with Atlanta's Q100 morning radio show (and waking up at 3:30am to dress for work) she has a new respect for early birds. When not playing with her three rescued mutts, you'll find her at Gallettes sippin' on a Yellow Hammer screaming ROLL TIDE ROLL!!