Shelby Anderson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Shelby Anderson

Hometown: Greenville, SC

Major: Telecommunication & Film (Documentary Production)

Relationship status: Single

Favorite place to study on campus: “You can find me in any coffee shop probably doodling and not doing much studying.”

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Taco Mama 

What clubs are you involved in? “I’m in Honors College Ambassadors & Not On My Campus, as well as being active in my church (Capstone).”

What is your favorite part about your major? “There is no better feeling than shooting and editing a project/film and finally exporting it and seeing the finished project, like ‘heck yeah, I made that!’”

How has your relationship with God changed since you came to college? “Coming from a Christian home to being on my own in Tuscaloosa, my faith has become my own and not just my parent’s. I’ve walked through the hardest times of my life since coming to college, and my faith has only grown because of them.”

What are you most passionate about? “Jesus and people.”

What has been the best class you have taken at UA so far? NEW 212: Creativity

If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “Anything with sprinkles.”

What is the best concert you have ever gone to? “Ben Rector. I cried.”

Describe yourself in three words. Crimson tide enthusiast.  

What do you like to do in your free time? “I love doodling, sometimes I go on runs, but I’m probably thinking about food and watching Netflix.”

What’s the best advice you have ever gotten? “Do your squats, wear red lipstick, and don’t let boys be mean to you.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Lord knows (literally). Somewhere happy and doing something that I love.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.