Jordan Miller

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Jordan Miller

Hometown: Orlando, FL

Major: Communication Studies

Relationship status: In a relationship

Favorite TV show: Gilmore Girls

Favorite place to study on campus: Starbucks

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Buffalo Phil’s

What is your favorite part about being in Gamma Phi? “Always having a sister to hang out with! I’m never alone if I want to grab coffee or bring someone to the store with me.”

What was the best part about studying abroad? “EVERYTHING! It was amazing. I LOVED Rome. The people that I met became my best friends, the classes I took were incredible, the places I went were beautiful, the food I ate was fantastic, etc. Everything. Seriously. Best 5 weeks of my life! I can’t recommend it enough!”

How has your relationship with God changed since you came to college? “It has grown tremendously. I truly believe that He brought me to Alabama for the very reason of growing closer to Him. Over the past three years I have joined multiple small groups, I have done a semester long internship with Church of the Highlands, and I have even led my own small group. I love it, and I’m so happy with the way I have grown.”

What’s it like being in a long distance relationship in college? “It is definitely a challenge, but it is so so worth it. It’s difficult, and sometimes exhausting, but there’s no other relationship I’d rather be in, because I love him. I would rather date him from 500 miles away than not date at all.”

What has been the best class you have taken at UA so far? “Truth, Ethics, and Deception which was basically a class about how to lie and detect lies. The teacher, Darrin Griffin, is hilarious!”

Who is your celebrity crush? Demi Lovato

Describe your dream date. “One night, Ryan and I went to International Drive in Orlando and got dinner at a really cool restaurant called The Sugar Factory. Then we went on the Orlando Eye, (the big ferris wheel) and got to watch the city from 400 feet in the air, and then to top it all off we went to an arcade, played a million games together and he won me a really cute stuffed animal. We also did a photo booth. It was a perfect, perfect night. And the best part was, the date wasn’t even planned. We just kind of played the entire night by ear, it was so spontaneous and adventurous, I loved it.”

Describe yourself in three words. Funny, Determined, Loving.

What do you think is your best quality? “Never giving up if there’s something I really want. Ever.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Living in NYC, hopefully working in social media for something fashion or writing related.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.