Becca Fleisig

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Rebecca Fleisig

Hometown: Mountain Brook, Alabama

Major/Minor: Marketing with a Specialization in Sales and a Minor in Consumer Sciences

Relationship status: In a Relationship

Favorite movie/TV show/book/band: Show: Arrested Development Favorite place to study on campus:  “Starbucks at the Ferg… if you see me there, feel free to send a coffee my way!” Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: “Sitar if I’m feeling fancy, but if we’re being honest I probably eat at Taco Bell the most.”

What is your favorite part about your major? “I love how my major allows both my left and right brain to mix! I get to think creatively and in numbers. It’s the perfect match!”

What has been the best class you have taken at UA so far? “MKT 337! It’s about Sales. It inspired me to specialize in Sales. Joe, the professor, is amazing! Even if you have no interest in Sales, this class will help you gain confidence in speaking. Also, there were no tests or textbooks.”

What is your favorite part about being in Gamma Phi? “I love always having a group to go to! I know I can reach out to anyone in the sorority and be welcomed with open arms.”

If you could teach one class on a topic of your choice, what would it be? “I’d teach a class on humor! I love to make people laugh and the world could use more people who spread joy.”

What is the cutest thing your boyfriend has ever done for you? “He’s done so many cute things! He is one of the most incredible, genuine, caring, and loving people I have ever met. He knows I am a huge history buff, so one day he picked me up from my apartment and took me on a surprise trip. We drove a few hours to three different locations across the state: a plantation for a tour, a historical trip around Selma, and dinner at a plantation-turned-restaurant. It was all so thoughtful and caring. I’ll remember that day forever!”

Describe yourself in three words. “Funny, Absurd, Caring”

What do you think is your best quality? “I believe that my best quality is how caring I am. I love to make others feel special and loved, and I always go above and beyond to make people know that they are important.”

What inspires you? “Being challenged! I love pushing myself and seeing the payoff.”

What’s the best advice you have ever gotten? “Live and Let Live! My life has made a complete 180 since I first heard those words in 9th grade. Basically, live your life and let others live theirs! We are all unique individuals and find happiness in our own ways. The saying basically means do what makes you happy and let others do what makes them happy without judgement.”

What advice would you give to freshman year you? Don’t be so worried about what others think of you. Do what you want to do freshman year and don’t be so easily influenced by others. Also don’t be afraid to take classes that are “too hard” because I promise you will feel so accomplished when you complete them.

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.