This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Alabama chapter.

Name: Aislinn O’Donohoe

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

Major: Political Science

Favorite TV Show: Scandal

Favorite study spot: Starbucks

Favorite place to eat in Tuscaloosa: Sweet Home Food Bar

What’s your favorite food? “Cheese! Every form of cheese.”

What clubs are you involved in? “I’m on the executive board of National Alliance on Mental Illness, and I’m a member of Alabama Students Without Borders, College Democrats, and the Pre-Law Students Association.”

Which club is your favorite? “I love NAMI because it deals with an issue that is nearly universal, but that does not get discussed nearly enough, especially in the South.”

What do you think is your best quality? “I genuinely enjoy so many things and can find a facet of almost anything that I find fun and exciting.”

If your life were an ice cream flavor what would it be? “Mint chocolate chip.”

What do you like to do in your free time? “I like to watch movies and plan the trips I’ll take one day!”

What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten? “To keep moving forward. I get excited about so many things that I can lose track of bigger goals, but I think a lot of times people are afraid to take a next step or commit to pursuing a new opportunity. The worst thing that can happen is that you achieve something and realize along the way that you want something else What do you wish you had known about college?: I chose not to get involved in clubs until Sophomore year, so that I could focus on school work. I wish I had realized how easily you can get started in many organizations and that they can really help you maintain focus on your academics.”

Helmi Henkin

Alabama '18

Helmi is a senior at The University of Alabama from Menlo Park, California studying psychology and French. She has been to 78 countries on seven continents! Her favorites are Finland (since that's where her family lives), Bali and Antarctica. When she's not in class or traveling she loves reading, singing and songwriting, and hanging out with friends.
Alabama Contributor