If you’ve ever tried to Google “Valentine’s Day quotes” to find something heartfelt to write inside of a card, then you know that most of the cheesy lines a search engine spits at you about “true love” are gag-worthy. Here are a few sweet nothings you can scribble in a love letter to your guy that won’t make him feel incredibly awkward.
If You’re Just ‘Talking’
You’re not dating yet, so you don’t want to come on too strong—so use one of these cheesy pick-up lines to make him smile.
1. “If you were a Transformer, you’d be Optimus FINE.”
2. “On a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a nine—and I’m the one you need!”
3. “Are you a banana? Because I find you a-peel-ing.”
4. “If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.”
5. “Are you a kleptomaniac? Because you just stole my heart.”
6. “Good thing I brought my library card, because I’m checkin’ you out.”
7. “If you were on paper, you’d be what they call ‘fine print!’”
8. “Do you have a band-aid? Because I skinned my knee when I fell for you.”
If You’re Dating
He asked you to be his girlfriend. You’re having a great time together, and you care about each other a lot—but you haven’t said the “L” word yet. Stick to these lines to show him how you feel without saying more than you mean to.
9. “You should be kissed, and often, by someone who knows how.” –Gone With The Wind
10. “A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.” –Ingrid Bergman (Put this on the front of a card, then on the inside write “Writing anything in here would be superfluous.”)
11. “You have bewitched me, body and soul.” –Mr. Darcy, Pride & Prejudice
12. “Your lips are like wine, and I want to get drunk.” –William Shakespeare
13. “i carry your heart with me (i carry it in my heart)” –e.e. Cummings
14. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” –Audrey Hepburn
15. “Yours are the sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen.” –Sir Elton John
16. “I belong with you and you belong with me—you’re my sweetheart.” –The Lumineers
17. “Maybe I think you’re cute and funny. Maybe I wanna do what bunnies do with you, if you know what I mean.” –Ingrid Michaelson
18. “You are a work of art.” –Morrissey
19. “You, just like heaven.” –The Cure