As a single gal, there are times when it’s difficult to see the perks of your boyfriend-less lifestyle (for example, that time when you made the poor choice to see the latest Nicholas Sparks book-turned-movie and began to forget all the perfectly legitimate reasons you broke up with your ex).
But no worries, Her Campus is here to help! Let this list remind you of all the perks of being a Beyoncé-certified single lady; you’ll be back to reveling in your independence in no time and loving life in the land of the singles.
1. You can spend the entire day watching Bravo television without anyone complaining about it.
2. You never have to choose between hanging out with him or your friends.
3. It’s one less person you have to buy holiday and birthday presents for.
4. No one is going to yell at you for hogging the bed.
5. There are endless opportunities for you to partake in a random dance floor make-out.
6. The only person who will experience your bad morning breath is you.
7. You can rest assured that you’re not the dreaded “boyfriend girl.” You know, that girl that can’t not be in a relationship. Oh, hey, Kristin Cavallari. We didn’t miss you.
8. You won’t feel guilty about feasting your eyes upon the hot shirtless men at the gym.
9. There’s no one holding you back from studying abroad.
10. If you want to watch ABC Family’s Saturday night double feature of The Notebook and A Walk to Remember while sobbing into your bowl of ice cream, you can. And you can love it.
11. Your eight-hour solo shopping spree is not going to push anyone to the brink of madness, like it would if you had a boyfriend in tow.
12. “Shit Single Girls Say” exists for your viewing entertainment, and it’s satisfying knowing that somewhere out there, a fabulous gay man understands you.
13. You never have to watch him and his friends play video games for hours on end.
14. Ryan Gosling’s filmography is 36 titles long.
15. No one is there to witness the ghastly sight of you wearing your glasses and retainer to bed.
16. You won’t suffer from constant stubble-burn. Never struggle to explain away your irritated pink-skinned chin again.
17. Did you see what happened to Heidi Montag? That’s a girl who could have used a few more years of the single life, and you’re certainly not following in those plastic footsteps.