15. Because much like the title of N*Sync’s second studio album, there are simply No Strings Attached.
16. Because all the most beautiful flowers blossom in summer, and sure, buying yourself a bouquet is all “independent woman” and whatever, but how much better would it be to get surprised with one with a card attached?
17. Because the drive-in movie theater is only open until September, and you’ve been chasing that fiery Sandy and Danny romance since you first saw Grease back in ’98.
18. Because your last tennis partner rolled his ankle, and you need a replacement before your backhand gets limp.
19. Because the frizzy beast your hair becomes once the humidity hits is not going to lovingly run fingers through itself.
20. Because someone needs to make a bonfire, stat, before your s’more craving starts spiraling into something ugly.
21. Because unlike most twenty-year-olds, you never stopped loving the teeter-totter.
22. Because a perfectly worn, slightly oversized, borrowed, black leather jacket is just the item that will pull this outfit together on an unexpectedly cool summer evening
23. Because you’ve always wanted to try tandem bicycling. Mostly you’ve just always wanted to be one half of those cheesy-but-adorbs couples who use tandem bicycles.
24. Because you were just having a wonderful tandem bike ride when you fell off the back and skinned your knees, elbows, chin, and palms. You’re going to need band-aids. And someone to bandage you.
25. Because who else is going to sing “Summer Lovin’” with you at karaoke night? (The Grease dream never dies!)
26. Because the party you were at just got busted and you really need to hop this chain-link fence but you seriously have no hope without a brawny start-up boost.
27. Because you were just casually tree-climbing when you got to this branch and decided to glance down and oh-my-god-when-did-it-get-so-far-away and this really isn’t funny and can someone please come get you down now?!
28. Because you’re still on the rebound from your recent spring fling.
29. Because they’re offering free salsa lessons in the square, and unless you bring your own partner, you will get paired off with that single-and-ready-to-mingle middle-aged divorcé who heard that women go wild around a man who can dance.
30. Because who else will challenge your two-years-running watermelon seed-spitting record? (Five meters! Boo-yah.)