Lately Hollywood has begun to resemble a scene out of What to Expect When You're Expecting; with all of the celebrity pregnancy announcements and photos of cheek-pinching-cute, famous babies splashing the pages of your favorite celeb gossip rag mags, it's easy enough to feel like the paparazzi are simply camping out in Los Angeles' obstetricians' waiting rooms.
Celebrity babies have been popping out left and right, with more on the way. This year has proved particularly baby-friendly - meaning our favorite stars were extra friendly last year - so it's tough to keep track of all of the mini pop princesses and reality TV royal rugrats joining our ranks. To make it easy - and to satisfy our need to coo over the cuteness of newborns - we've compiled a list of the latest celeb babies and celebrity moms-to-be.
Keeva Jane Denisof (daughter of How I Met Your Mother star Alyson Hannigan)
- Born: May 23, 2012
- Origin of name: Keeva = Gaelic, meaning "gentleness" or "beauty"; Jane = Hebrew, meaning "God is gracious"
- Born: May 11, 2012
- Origin of name: This one follows a fairly straightforward formula: country + flower = celeb baby name
Maxwell Drew Johnson (daughter of singer Jessica Simpson)
- Born: May 1, 2012
- Origin of name: Maxwell = English, meaning "Maccus' stream"; Drew = Greek, meaning "man" or "warrior"
Gloria Ray Sarsgaard (daughter of Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard)
- Born: April 19, 2012
- Origin of name: Gloria = Latin, meaning "glory"; Germanic, meaning "advice" or "decision protector"
- Born: March 20, 2012
- Origin of name: Luca = Italian/Greek, meaning "man from Lucania"; Cruz = Latin, meaning "cross"
Blue Ivy Carter (daughter of singer Beyoncé Knowles and rapper Jay-Z)
- Born: January 7, 2012
- Origin of name: The mystery remains to be solved. B might have dropped us a hint when she recently posted this excerpt from Rebecca Solnit's A Field Guide to Getting Lost: "The world is blue at its edges and in its depths. This blue is the light that got lost . . . the purer the water the deeper the blue."
If you simply can't get enough of these bouncing, blinged-out babies, never fear - there are many more on the way! Check out the celebrity pregnancies that will be tomorrow's big baby news!
- Snooki plans to name her son Lorenzo ('Enzo for short) and to dress him like Pauly D.
- Kourtney Kardashian is expecting her second child with Scott Disick... one step closer to Kreating the Kardashian baseball team.
- Drew Barrymore married her baby-daddy in a private ceremony on June 2, 2012, and if her own cuteness as a child in E.T. is any indication, she'll be creating one adorable little newborn!
- Reese Witherspoon is flaunting her baby bump but hasn't yet revealed the due date. Shucks. Doesn't she know we're anxiously awaiting Hollywood's newest Southern belle/beau?
- Anna Paquin's is expecting with husband and True Blood co-star Stephen Moyer... so it's 50/50 between a baby fairy and a baby vampire.
- Vanessa Minnillo is six months pregnant with husband Nick Lachey, proving that '98 Degrees' is exactly the right temperature for baby-making.
- Tamera Mowry-Housley of Sister, Sister is having a boy this October, just over a year after sister Tia gave birth to her son Cree. Is there another Mowry (pseudo-)twin series in the making?
There's no doubt that it's a good time to be working in the delivery room or selling baby carriages in Hollywood. We don't mind the pregnancies, either - so much cuteness to observe! Keep 'em coming, celebs!