Everyone’s a little socially awkward. Sometimes it comes out at the absolutely worst times, and sometimes it’s more like a constant state of being. If you’ve found yourself in any or all of the below situations (narrated by our girls Kristen Wiig and Zooey Deschanel), then congratulations, you’re just as awkward as we are! Welcome to the club.
1. You tend to miss your mouth when you’re eating.
2. You never quite know the proper way to greet your crush.
3. No matter where you go or whom you’re with, you always find a way to embarrass yourself.
4. Elevator rides with strangers are your personal version of hell.
6. Whenever you see someone you know in public, you avoid him or her like the plague.
7. This is your sexy face…
8. …and this is your sexy dance.
9. Extended eye contact makes you all sweaty and lightheaded...
10. ...but you still get caught staring at people all the time.
11. You've been practicing your flirting skills, but something tells you that you still have a ways to go.
12. Humans make you uncomfortable, so you are forced to develop relationships in other ways.
13. Confrontation makes you paralyzingly uncomfortable.
14. You would rather volunteer for the Hunger Games than volunteer to speak in class.
15. You can't even argue when you get called "The Awkward Friend."
It's okay to be socially awkward, as Zooey and Kristen are here to tell us. Celebrate those anxious-avoidant tendencies; we all have them!