As the beauty hang-ups of summer (sunburn, sweat, and frizz-causing humidity, to name a few) make room for cold-weather woes like chapped lips and dry skin, it's time to reevaluate the products you're using in your daily regimen. Check out Her Campus' picks for this season's must-have items!
1. BB Creams have quickly become the everygirl's essential. Perfect for the collegiette on the go, they combine sunscreen, moisturizer, and the benefits of a serum all into one formula, which can also be used as concealer or even sheer foundation! Dr. Jart+'s Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++ is a particularly unique version: water droplets appear upon application and cool as they get absorbed by your skin!
2. Red nail polish is an autumn staple. Rock it with this season's trending hue, oxblood, with Essie's nail polish in Berry Hard.
3. Need an eyeliner that won't budge? Try NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner. Every shade is named after a famous street somewhere in the world (shown above: Via Veneto).
4. Keep your sun-kissed look even when the clouds and cold roll in with Sephora's NEW Urban Luxe All Over Powder Palette. Its blend of metallic autumn shades will do wonders to contour and highlight your cheekbones.
5. Your fruity summer scents may no longer seem an appropriate accessory to your scarves and pea coats. Consider sampling one of the range of new fragrances that incorporate elements of men's cologne for a sexily androgenous eau de parfum. Coco Noir by Chanel contains grapefruit and bergamot, with floral notes of rose and jasmine, and warm patchouli and sandalwood undertones.
6. When you're rocking the messy, undone 'dos that were a hit on the runways this season, you want a reliable elastic that won't take your hair with it when you try to remove it. The beauty of these Goody Doublewear Elastics is that they look just as chic on your wrist as they do wrapped around your hair!
7. Chapped lips... the #1 bane of every girl's existence when cold weather rolls around. Keep your lips moisturized and soft with one of the six flavors of Maybelline's Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm. Instantly kissable!
8. Face oils! Yes, they're a thing! Just like body oil, apply it to clean skin and give it time to absorb. Your face will have a gorgeous natural-looking glow. This Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil by Fresh is full of restorative oils that are packed with Vitamin E and antioxidants!
9. Perfect this season's version of the smoky eye with a palette of taupes and shimmery beiges and browns. This BareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 4.0 in The Truth will do the trick nicely!
10. Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Ultra-Hydrating Body Butter is perfect for dry winter skin. The scent is an all-natural wintry blend of vanilla and apricot. It smooths, nourishes, and softens your skin, restoring its radiance and youthful texture.
11. Nobody does cold-weather blush like Burberry. To get cheeks like an English rose (the perfect look for a rainy fall day!), give Burberry 'Light Glow' Natural Blush a try! We like Peony, Blossom, and Russet (pictured above).
12. Give your lips beautiful definition with this rich new shade of Illamasqua Lipstick, a dark raspberry-pink aptly named Magnetism.