Greetings from New York, collegiettes! Sorry for not checking in with everyone on Thursday… finding time to blog on this trip hasn’t been easy! I’m briefly in the city for a fashion merchandising study tour through UGA and it has been absolutely wonderful thus far. The group and I have been meeting with all sorts of interesting people in the industry, from Siegel & Stockman to Tommy Hilfiger, Honor NYC and more (seriously living the dream this week, y’all). Since I’ve been so busy, quick little restaurants have become my new best friend. And since we’re all friends, I’m not going to lie: I’ve induldged in a late-night burger with fries, gelato in the afternoon, and a little more. But for the most part I’m trying to watch what I consume so I don’t undo all the hard work I’ve put in with the SELF Drop 10 plan. Here’s a run down of some of the healthier choices I’ve been making while in NYC:
- Complimentary breakfast provided by the hotel – yogurt and fruit with water and juice.
- Saturday brunch – omelette with peppers and tomatoes with whole wheat toast and coffee.
- Lunch – fresh salad with grilled chicken and a Diet Coke.
- Lunch – toasted sandwich on whole wheat bread with tomatoes, mozerella, basil and pesto and a Diet Coke.
- Dinner – pad thai chicken with water.
So I’m not doing too horribly here, right? One of the great things about being busy is that I’m constantly running around the city like a mad woman which HAS to be burning off some of those gelato calories. I really want to win again on Round 2 of the “Lose the Freshman 15” challenge with DietBet (and I know you do too!), so I’m going keep doing my best while on this trip. I’ve still got a few days in NYC, so we’ll see how I do come Tuesday! Have a great weekend!