Men are often a mystery to us, and some of the things they do just make no sense, especially when we’re texting them. They send us all kinds of mixed signals, have the weirdest ways of flirtexting, and bring emojis into the picture at the dumbest of times. It’s pretty safe to say that guys are the most annoying texters out there—and here’s why sometimes, we just can’t deal.
1. When they don’t text you back but are all over social media
Do you not think I can see your Tweet or what?
2. When they give you a lackluster response
Responding with “lol” and “k” make it really difficult for us to carry on a conversation, guys!
3. When they initiate the conversation and then disappear
Seriously, though, where did you go? It’s not like you have anything better to do than text us.
4. When they really can’t grasp what you’re trying to say at all
No, sir, that’s not what I meant… don’t twist my words around! Just because I’m complaining about my best friend’s boyfriend does not mean I’m saying she’s too promiscuous!
5. Excessive use of emojis
While we’re serious fans of emojis, sometimes there can be too much of a good thing, and sometimes guys bring it there with their emoji use. What does [insert: llama crown burger emoji] mean, guys?
6. When you pour your heart out to them and they respond with only an emoji
What?! What is that supposed to mean?
7. When they aren’t taking the conversation in the direction you want it to go
If we’re going to be honest, we’ve all been there where we’re trying to lead the guy into a certain conversation (you know, the kind where we’re trying to get him to ask us out), and it’s the worst when they just won’t bite. You might think he doesn’t like you, but chances are he’s just being an idiot.
8. When they’re a completely different person over text than they are in person
Why are you so awesome in person but such a dud on the phone? Get it together, dude.
9. When he’ll chat you up all the time via text, but never in person
We get it — it’s way easier to be brave over the phone than in person, but that doesn’t mean you should look away when you see us in person!
10. When he falls asleep talking to you and doesn’t answer in the morning
We’re not looking for sappy, super romantic morning texts, but when we ask a question and you’re already asleep, that doesn’t mean that we don’t want to know the answer ever. Actually, we want to know it as soon as you’re awake. Text us back!
11. When he’s got his read receipts on
…and it’s extra annoying when you can see the read the message, but he isn’t answering. Seriously, you’re just enabling my crazy girl side, and I don’t need that!
Whether he’s your boyfriend, your best friend or your next door neighbor you’re trying to get to know, one thing is for sure: guys have got the worst texting habits ever, and we don’t know if we’ll ever see a change.