Ever see one of your favorite celebs on the red carpet and want to recreate their fabulous hairdo? Let Chrissy’s Beauty School show you how!
From time to time, I’ll be featuring a celebrity and getting the pros to share their tips on how you can sport her look.
Today’s celeb? January Jones from the hit series “Mad Men.” Last Sunday, July 25, the cast of “Mad Men” gathered together in New York City for the show’s Season 4 Premiere. For the event, Jones paired her haute couture gown with a modern Grecian-inspired hairstyle.
Want to recreate her look? Follow these tips from Sebastian Professional Stylist Design Team Member Thomas Dunkin and you’ll be red carpet ready in no time!
- Start with damp hair and saturate your strands from root to tip with Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray.
- Tousle your hair with your fingers while blow-drying to work in volume to maintain a look of “yesterday” texture.
- Once dry, run your hands through your hair while spraying Sebastian Professional Re-Shaper throughout for added texture and hold.
- Randomly select pieces to set with a curling iron for another dousing of texture.
- Section off hair starting at the top slightly to the right of center.
- With each section, apply a dab of Sebastian Professional Matte Putty and twist the hair from front to nape making sure to keep a random, textured effect.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 across your whole head, securing each section with clear Blax bands and bobby pins.
- Massage the hair over your whole head, pulling slightly, for a disheveled finish with a modern twist.
Kristin Huxta, Devries Public Relations