Style > Beauty

My Morning Beauty Routine for College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.
Wash My Face with a Cleanser

I am the type of person who doesn’t trust many acne products, in fact, I believe they give me more acne. I usually wash my skin with hot water and rinse with cold water. In today’s world, wearing a mask has become the newest addition to our outfits. Since then, I have found myself breaking out way more than I usually do. I found myself needing a cleanser to get rid of extra oil and grit on my face. I decided to try First Aid Beauty’s Face Cleanser. I bought it from Ulta for $21.00 and it will probably last on average 2-3 months. I have used this morning and night and found it as a perfect asset that removes that extra grime off my face while leaving my face feeling refreshed. This product is best for anyone who is looking for a simple cleanser to add to their morning/night routine. 

Moisturize

I have found my face to be extra dry and flaky since having to wear a mask constantly. My best advice is to STILL moisturize like crazy even though our faces are producing extra oils and sweating much more. I use CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion. Even though it is the pm one, I like it a lot better than the AM one, so I use the pm moisturizer in the morning and at night.

Lash Time

If you have never had eyelash extensions before, I highly recommend it during college. Having lashes has quickened my morning makeup routine and I have cute looking lashes 24/7. I simply just brush them in the morning and they are ready to go!

Put on My Desired Amount of Makeup

Whether you like to wear a lot, barely, or no makeup, it is a part of my routine every day. Some days, I will feel ambitious enough to put on a full face of makeup but since we have to wear a mask, I stick to minimal makeup since people only see half of my face anyways. My suggestion is to bring out your eyes using eyeshadow, mascara, or eyeliner for an eye-catching look even with a mask covering your lower face. You can add a light foundation or bb cream if you wish to do so while wearing a mask. You can’t forget to add in your favorite chapstick. If you prefer lipstick, choose a matte lipstick so it doesn’t transfer to the mask or smear. It is important to acknowledge that when wearing a mask, you should focus on being comfortable instead of being caked up in makeup.

Kara Hovanec

Auburn '23

I am a freshman at Youngstown State University majoring in Accounting and minoring in English. I am from Vienna, OH. I work at a greenhouse where I spend the majority of my summers at. I love all animals but especially dogs. I love to write and do math.