Grid Paper
Grid Paper
20th Century Fox

Megan Fox: Society’s Opinion on Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

Wait, society has an opinion on what women should do and should be? I know, it’s shocking!

Not— but let’s talk about it.

Recently Megan Fox, 37, has been ridiculed for her outfit choices during 2024 Super Bowl weekend, and for her looks. Sporting a punk-rock look that combines the peak 2000s with today’s 2020s trends, Fox partied with fiancé Machine Gun Kelly, Taylor Swift and her beau Travis Kelce after the big Sunday game.

When a picture of the four of them hit the internet, people were in a craze over Megan. Various things were said, but the most notable were comments made about the actor’s facial attributes and the accusation of plastic surgery.

Travis Kelce, Taylor Swift, Machine Gun Kelly and Megan fox via Megan Fox Instagram

The picture above was taken at the Super Bowl After Party, posted to Instagram by Joe Oravec.

The Jennifer’s Body star took to Instagram with the original picture side-by-side one taken at a different angle, saying, “Turns out it was just a shadowy cell phone pic of me looking like a ukrainian blowup doll.”

She kept up the humor of it all, by continuing, “…when in REALITY i look like one of those super expensive silicone real sex dolls you can only get in japan.”

“…when in REALITY i look like one of those super expensive silicone real sex dolls you can only get in japan.”

Megan Fox; Instagram 2024

Fox, making her on-screen debut in 2001 with Holiday In The Sun, has been watched with a close eye by many due to her acting skills and physical attributes. Her list of roles speak for themselves, and it’s no secret that she has been favored over the years due to being deemed ‘beautiful’ and ‘sexy’— however, it’s not just admiration she has received.

Megan has been objectified and over-sexualized for many years; being aware of this, and having body-dysmorphia, Fox has been dealing with critics for decades. And today the “love” is turning to dislike as she learns to love herself, which she says is a “never-ending journey”.

Society’s opinion on women can change rapidly from person to person, but the general statements are the same.

“Women shouldn’t noticeably age.”

“Women shouldn’t wear revealing clothing.”

“Women shouldn’t—” Women can and will do whatever they want, and Megan Fox is a great pinnacle of being yourself, doing what you want, wearing what you want, and turning to positivity.

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.