Can Someone Take Me to the Outer Banks? *SPOILERS*

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

It’s happened! Season 3 of OBX has dropped on Netflix, and I watched it at exactly 3am EST – as soon as it dropped! Please understand that there will be spoilers throughout this article, but in a very summarized fashion. So, if you haven’t watched it yet… what are you doing? GO WATCH IT NOW!

The pogues John B., JJ, Pope, Kie, Sarah and newest member Cleo have gone on another adventure! The hunt for the treasure is at an all time high and it is getting crazy, crazier than ever before! Season 3 of OBX has it all, from action and drama to romance and it’s so beautifully written – everyone say thank you to Josh Pate and Shannon Burke.

From the trailer, and an almost 10-minute special release from Netflix, we can see the Pogues on the deserted island they’ve named themselves (with the help of JJ of course). Poguelandia was their home for the past month and soon after, things start to get rowdy. They receive help from a man named Jimmy, who spots them on the island and flies them to Barbados.

Immediately upon arrival, Kie is taken! It’s only episode 1 and we are already screaming at our screens. Kie is united with Rafe who was trying to sell off the cross to a man by the nickname Kingfish – yeah, I rolled my eyes at that one, too. With each other’s help, they escape from the Kingfish on Rafe’s boat – but Kie trusts no one except the Pogues. Rafe ends up overboard and Kie goes off to find her friends.

Reunited with the Pogues, they set off to leave for OBX, but John B. keeps hearing a consistent tune of bells. The same one his father made when he was younger. DING… DING… DING-DING! BRING IT HOME JOHN B.!

He runs off to investigate the sound and the Pogues have to leave him behind after being sought after by the Kingfish and his men. John B. finds his father after all this time, they rejoice in happiness and relief. And then… we will stop right there!

From the past two seasons, we have been gifted so many edge-of-the-seat scenes, putting the Pogues in crazy situations where the fork in the road is a hard place to be and it only continues in the third. The pogues continue to support one another, having each other’s backs in the lightest of day and darkest of night, and I don’t want to give anything away!

Know this though, you will be seeing your faves again, from the Pogues to the Kooks, and also… Kie’s parents… yeah, them.

Outer Banks is a must watch, especially if you’ve seen the past two seasons. If you have never watched it, but wanted to – this is your sign, go now! And I’m sure after watching, you’ll be screaming with me: “CAN SOMEONE TAKE ME TO THE OUTER BANKS?”

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.