3 Reasons Why Bling Empire is Better Than KUWTK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Youngstown chapter.

If you haven’t seen it yet, Bling empire was released on Netflix this new year and the hype has been crazy (I’m one of the crazies!). The show reveals the Asian community living lavishly in LA – from gifting Dior to your friends to throwing the most extravagant parties, Bling Empire is the show to watch.

Diversity

– The Kardashians showcase a lot of their Armenian heritage, which is really nice to see, but Bling Empire shines a light on a community that gets looked over. In recent years there has been discussion about more ethnic and cultural representation in movies and tv and it wasn’t until the release of Crazy Rich Asians did the Asian community get a big spotlight. Bling Empire has an All-Asian cast as well as showing their culture and traditions, such as Chinese New Year’s. It’s so beautiful to see!

Diamonds

– Not the bop of a song from Talia Mar (go listen), but the sparkling and preciousstone that consists of a clear and colorless crystalline form of pure carbon. YES, THOSE DIAMONDS! It’s no secret the Kardashian/Jenner family has lots of money and we do see them flaunt it here and there, but not like the cast of Bling Empire.

– They like to showcase their extravagant and expensive pieces in different forms of jewelry like necklaces, bracelets, watches, rings, etc. Along with their diamonds are the haute couture pieces of fashion and high-end cars they show up in at – yes, you guessed it, THE PARTIES! Even the parties drip in Cartier and it’s absolutely amazing!

Drama

– The drama occurs because who doesn’t love a bit of silent stares and dramatic background music, but it’s minor. It’s small and weightless, it barely holds water, and then they move on… AND THROW ANOTHER PARTY!

– The drama on KUWTK is feuds that have been going on for years, or something that is just absolutely disdainful, but not BE – its tasteful drama… if that can be a thing.

Make sure to check out Bling Empire on Netflix. Join Kevin, Kane, Kim, Anna, Christine, Jaime, Cherie, and Kelly for fun in the sun… and diamonds!

And if you’ve already binged it like I have, I’m sure you took the “Who are you quiz?”. I got the Queen Kim Lee! Who did you get?

Camden Spann

Youngstown '24

I am a Senior at Youngstown State University achieving a degree in Merchandising: Fashion & Interiors with a double minor in Journalism and Creative Writing.