This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

You may hate me for this, but it’s time to face (sort of) reality. Winter is around the corner.

There, I said it! Please don’t hurt me!

But in all seriousness, winter is coming. Every year snow comes sooner and sooner, and lasts longer and longer (remember that snowstorm we had sometime in March-April this year?). Now just so we’re clear, what I’m about to say is not sponsored, nor are we endorsed by them – this is purely my personal opinion that I’d like to share.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT UNIQLO?

UNIQLO is a Japanese brand of clothing that’s recently come to Toronto at the Eaton Centre and Yorkdale Mall – particularly, they have certain lines of clothing meant for specific activities or seasons that make them my first choice for everything (seriously, I guarantee you, come find me any day and I’ll be wearing at least one item from UNIQLO).

I’ve long gone to UNIQLO for all my clothing purchases, in Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea. Not only do they offer clothing more suitable to my liking than shops in the likes of GAP, Roots, and Old Navy, but they literally have clothing for anything. You may think I’m exaggerating, but I usually don’t buy clothes in Canada – I save it for Hong Kong, which I frequent, and has no sales tax – and UNIQLO.

Let’s talk summer. If you are like me are a deathly afraid of any temperature not between 21-28 degrees, and hate wearing clothing that’ll feel sticky and sweaty after a long hot day in the sun, UNIQLO has a line of clothing called AIRism. Imagine a very thin piece of fabric that feels silky smooth to the touch, feels as if it’s not even there, allows the summer breeze to reach your skin through the fabric, and dries quickly if you get sweaty without feeling any different than as if it had just come out of the wash – and you wouldn’t be far off. I only own a few of these shirts but seriously, I can wear these in any weather or season, though obviously with a few more layers in winter.

Speaking of winter, there’s also a line called HEATTECH, which again, is thin, silky smooth, but has the added bonus of trapping your body heat extremely well. I went on a road trip to Renfrew, Ontario, recently and went out in the wind and cold with nothing but a HEATTECH Extra Warm (slightly thicker, but as the name implies, keeps more heat in) turtleneck on, and I felt just as warm as my family, wearing thick winter jackets. There are even HEATTECH socks, gloves, leggings, etc. for both men and women!

The list goes on – there’s BLOCKTECH for rainy and windy days, there’s the Dry-EX series for sports, and don’t even get me started on their sweats. Call me a not-so-casual UNIQLO fan boy, but I whole heartedly believe that they have something for every occasion. I’ve only gone through the attire for two seasons – but UNIQLO has jeans, flannels, chinos, formal wear, and semi-formal wear. Seriously, basically anything you can think of? They probably have something that’ll suit your tastes and comfort.

While I’m glad that this little piece of comfort is now closer to home, I’m also slightly saddened that everyone will now know where my fashion comes from. Save some of those S-sized clothing for me!

Image Source(s):

http://styleblog.ca/tag/uniqlo-toronto-eaton-centre/

http://www.uniqlo-airism.com/#home

http://www.uniqlo.com/ca/en/products/women.html#Heattech

http://www.uniqlo.com/ca/en/products/women.html#Blocktech

I want to delete this.
Hey! I'm Stephanie Wilcox, and I am a professional writing major here at York U! I spend most of my time playing piano or ukulele and crying over books and boybands. I'm currently studying Korean as an elective, and I hope to do plenty of travelling after I graduate. I believe in fighting for a better, safer, and more equal future, especially through words and writing. This is my third year at York University, and I am thrilled to begin writing with Her Campus this year as a CC and seeing the impact we will be making here!