etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tall, Smart, and a Nice Guy at Heart: Kenny Yu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Full Name: Kenny Yu

Major and Graduating Year: Accounting 2016

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle

Hometown: Toronto

School Activities (Position if Applicable): Open Arms Committee Buddy Coordinator, Campus Food Critic, and Professional Commuter

Hobbies: Food, Travelling, Gaming, and Chilling at Scarborough Town Center.

1. Who is your Hollywood crush and why? “Meryl Streep because she’s an extremely talented actress and she has a cool personality.”

2. Could you describe your ideal date for us? “Food is important for the mind and soul. My ideal date would be going to a buffet and scarfing down as much food as possible with my date so that we get our money’s worth. I would also demonstrate my strong vocals to the early 2000s pop music.”

3. Can you tell us something your friends don’t know about you? “Well… I’m kind of psychic. I have a fifth sense. It’s like I have ESPN or something. I can tell when it’s going to rain. Well… when it’s raining.”

4. How do you spend a typical day at YorkU? “You can see me at school sleeping, skimming 9gag, searching for rare pepes, or just eating.”

5. Who is your role model in life and why? “My role model in life is definitely my grandmother. She has preserved through many hardships and has encouraged me to stay positive during rough times. She’s also really good in mahjhong.”

6. What would like to be doing in 5 years? What are your long term future goals? “5 years down the road I can see myself sitting in a classy restaurant and enjoying my meal. My long term goals include being able to sustain my enormous food expenses and traveling around the world.”

7. What qualities do you think make you My Campus Cutie? “A campus cutie understands the importance of good food. My love for it goes beyond indulging in it; I dream about food and I write poetry about it.”

8. What are your feelings on being selected for Her Campus YorkU’s official cutie? “I’ve always dreamed of being interviewed for my charming personality. I would like to thank my family and friends for the continuous support throughout the years.”

9. Any advice for freshmen to survive university life? “Adjusting to university in your first year can be difficult and stressful but don’t forget to have fun. It’s also important to meet new people, try new things, and find new hobbies.”