Must-have APPS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

As university students, it’s almost impossible to imagine a world without technology. It’s a daily routine to use our smartphones, tablets, computers etc. to go on with our daily tasks. But it seems nowadays, whether you’re a tech freak or novice – it’s always expected of us, young adults, to have caught on with the latest apps out there. For those of you that are struggling to get an idea of the must-haves, this feature is for you!

1. Spotify

Spotify is currently the top music streaming service that delivers your favourite music simply by a few clicks. The easy navigation combined with the various playlists customized for different music lovers is the reason for its incredible popularity in downloads.

2. Google Maps

Although we all have the “Maps” app pre-installed in our phones, Google Maps provides a far better navigation and information component. A few of the incredible features offered in this app includes turn-by-turn navigation and public transit direction. Moreover, it offers different options such as “avoid highways/ tolls” providing greater convenience for users.

3. CamScanner

Who still has a scanner at home nowadays? With CamScanner installed on your phone, bulky scanners simply become out-dated. This app lets you scan anything from a paper document to a long lost picture. Moreover, the app sets a filter over the scanned item making it look exactly from an actual scanner. Users can also save files into different formats such as PDF or JPG.

4. Flipp

If you live in an apartment, you may not get as many grocery promotions as you want. Even if you do, you may be too bothered to go through piles of advertisements to look through only your go-to stores. If you want to see more grocery ads or have the option to easily choose your ads, this app is for you! The app lets you pick your favourite stores and you will receive automatic updates weekly, when new flyers come out.

5. Shazam

Ever had a time when you heard a song you liked in a coffee shop but didn’t know the name of it? Well, next time just open this app while the song is playing and voila! It’ll tell you the name and all the details about the song right away!

6. BuzzFeed

Next time when you’re bored on the bus or waiting in a long line, try this app. The app has grown into a global media app that provides coverage on a variety of topics including politics, DIY, animals and business.

7. VSCO

Want a perfect filter for your Instagram pictures? VSCO is the premier way to shoot, edit, and share your photographs. The app also has its own platform where users can connect with other professional photographers who love taking unique and interesting pictures.

8. Dropbox

Dropbox is the perfect place for your photos, documents, videos, and other files. Anything uploaded to your Dropbox are safely backed up and you can get to them from all your devices. It’s also a great way to send large files even when the receiver doesn’t have a Dropbox account.

9. 30-Day Fit Challenges Workout

Want the ultimate workouts that you can do at home on a daily basis? This app has a collection of simple 30-day exercise challenges that help you stay fit and motivated. It’s suitable for both men and women of any age or fitness level so worry not! There should be a perfect plan for your next workout!