danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
danielle macinnes IuLgi9PWETU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

But first, coffee: An Interview with Vick Dicarlo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at York U chapter.

Full name: Victoria Maria Di Carlo

Faculty/Major: Bachelor of Fine Arts, Dance

Graduating year: 2017

Relationship status: Single

Hobbies: dancing, going to concerts, exploring Toronto, Instagram, and drinking coffee

Astrology sign: Virgo

If you had an autobiography what would the title of it be?

“Prepare To Be Amazed… Or Not.”

If you had your own perfume line what would be it’s name and what would it smell like?

“It would be called ‘BLACK’ and it would smell like roses and sunflowers”

What is your dream job?

“Probably a professional dancer. Or a travelling band manager, that would be sweet.”

Quote that you live by?

“Mentality to reality”- ModSun

Your favourite book?

“My favourite book is ‘A Way of a Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman, and I also love all the Harry Potter books by J.K Rowling.”

Your favourite song?

“‘Clairvoyant’ by The Story So Far”

What is the worst movie you’ve ever watched?

“Avatar. It was way too long…”

Something interesting that you’ve learned at York?

“The line at Starbucks in Accolade West is always worth it.”

Advice you would give your first-year self?

“I would just be like, ‘Don’t do it!’ Just kidding… I would tell her to suck it up and that she can get through it, she just needs to put the Netflix away and do some work.”

Guilty pleasure?

“Nutella and peanut butter sandwiches after a night out where I had a little too much rum. It’s so bad to eat it that late but it always prevents a hangover.”

Favourite place to hang out at York?

“The red carpet and Shopsy’s”

Describe your perfect date?

“A boy with tattoos and a beard (optional) picks me up on a motorcycle. He awaits me outside of my house with a bouquet of sunflowers and tickets to a rock concert. After the show is over we go get some late night pancakes at Denny’s.”

Something nobody knows about you?

“I’m actually low-key kind of a romantic”

Julia is a fourth-year undergraduate student studying Creative Writing and Psychology at York University, and to distract herself from thinking about the future, she spends her time writing and shopping impulsively. She is passionate about empowering young women, and through her contribution to HerCampus, she hopes she can encourage girls to celebrate who they are. You can usually find her in her bed or wandering around bakeries.