Mid-Semester De-Stressing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

The school always makes a big deal about being stressed in the beginning of the semester and the end of the semester, but what about during the middle of the semester when you have 5 papers due and you have two midterms? In my experience, it’s more stressful in the middle of a semester than at the beginning or the end, so here are a few ideas that will help you destress.

1. Go out to eat

It is always nice to sit down and be waited upon, and it comes with the perk of not having to do dishes! That is a big win in my eyes.

2. Bake

Who doesn’t like having random baked goods lying about the apartment/dorm? I am sure your roommate(s) will greatly appreciate the sugary goodness of your homemade Nestle Chocolate chip cookies (unless they are allergic to chocolate or peanut butter, RIP) Yes, even in Beard and Penn Halls they have ovens for baking, so no excuses.

3. Get your hair/nails/eyebrows done.

And if you can’t go out to do it, do it yourself or get a friend to do it. There is nothing wrong with a little bit of “pamper-age.” (Be careful of who you let do your eyebrows, we don’t need a disaster in that department.)

4. Watch a movie at a friends house/go to the movies

Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the thoughtless oblivion you will turn into when Channing Tatum gets onto that stage and starts stripping….. Mmmm, tasty. Oops, sorry I got distracted; anyway, you could also go to the movies and see some other kind of movie that is popular now. For me the cinema reached its peak on June 29, 2012, and no other movies have been made since then. But I digress…

5. Have a DIY spa night.

Do you know how easy it is to make face masks,body scrubs, lip balm, etc? Just do a simple search on pinterest to start your DIY spa adventure!

6. Just spend time with your friends or yourself and DO NOT think about homework.

There is nothing better than sitting around in the common area with some music/tv on in the background, just talking to close friends. The conversations that occur are so special and unique, and help you bond better as a friend/friend group.

Good luck with this semester and I hope some of these ideas help you destress!

Hey!  My name is Kathleen and I am a senior Biology major at York College of Pennsylvania. I am from a little town in Pennsylvania called Lititz. If you can't find me on a nice day, I will probably be found wandering a local trail. I am a huge nerd and I love being involved in the biological sciences. I try to be as green as possible, while being poor (as many of us college students are). I started writing for HerCampus, because I think I could add a different perspective to some popular issues surrounding college campuses. Happy browsing!  ~ Kathyl