Meet Our Team: Damaris Rodriguez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Damaris Rodriguez is a Senior English major with a Psychology minor here at YCP, and she is from West Chester, New York. She enjoys watching Netflix, reading, and hanging out with friends. Here is a little bit more information about her.

Q: What is your favorite thing to do?

A: I love to watch fail videos on youtube, they make me laugh and they also make me feel better about myself.

Q: What is your favorite book, why?

A: I don’t have a favorite book, when I read new books and when I like them, they replace my old favorites. Right now, my favorite is Witches Abroad by Terry Pratchett.

Q: What is your favorite food?

A: Chicken meatball soup… or anything with avocados (see avocado pasta recipe).

Q: Tell me one fun fact.

A: I can touch my thumb to my wrist! Which apparently only a small portion of the population can do.

Q: What has been your favorite class at in College and why?

A: Love and Sex and Fantasy lit, the books are funny and the discussions about the text are fantastic!

Q: What are you planning to do after graduation?

A: I am probably going to take a gap year and work, and then apply to grad school. During my gap year, I plan to get a job in my field as well as search and apply for graduate school programs.

Q: What is your dream job?

A: To work as an editor at a publishing house, magazine, or maybe even a newspaper.

Q: If you could go anywhere in the world RIGHT now, where would you go?

A: Black Sand beach in Iceland. The sand is black because of the volcanic ash from the surrounding volcanoes.

Hey!  My name is Kathleen and I am a senior Biology major at York College of Pennsylvania. I am from a little town in Pennsylvania called Lititz. If you can't find me on a nice day, I will probably be found wandering a local trail. I am a huge nerd and I love being involved in the biological sciences. I try to be as green as possible, while being poor (as many of us college students are). I started writing for HerCampus, because I think I could add a different perspective to some popular issues surrounding college campuses. Happy browsing!  ~ Kathyl