Justin Walker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

You’ve no doubt seen him around campus and maybe you’ve even heard him on his radio show on WVYC.  Now, here’s a little bit more about the man, the myth, the legend that is Justin Walker.

Justin is a busy guy. An Elizabethtown native, he’s a senior Public Relations major who’s minoring in Speech Communications, and is the Chapter President of PRSSA and the Events/Promotions Director for WVYC.

Justin realized his communications calling in high school when he got the opportunity to play music at and announce the home baseball games. It was the perfect fit, and it was then that he knew he had to go to a college with a radio station. He came to YCP, and the rest is history! He started on the AM frequency with his own show, but the FM programming director moved Justin’s show to FM after just a few months. During his show, Justin talks about music, concerts and new albums.

“College radio has really been a catalyst for my confidence and one of the reasons I’m so outgoing!”

Justin says he has two heroes: George Harrison (from the Beatles) and his mom.

“George Harrison is famous for really changing and was the driving force behind change for The Beatles. He was an innovator and I really am inspired,” Justin said of George. And as for his mom? “She and I are always on the same wavelength and without her I wouldn’t be so independent and doing this whole college thing for four years now.”

When he’s got a spare minute, Justin can be found at The Depot getting something on draft or hanging in his room playing video games or binge watching Netflix with his friends.

What is Justin’s favorite memory from YCP?

“I’ve had so many great memories at YCP from the many cool experiences with WVYC to some great times with my friends, so it’s hard to pick just one. I feel like when I’m in a class in Wolf Hall and it starts with CM (communications) I’m where I’m supposed to be. That may be the biggest and fondest memory I have of YCP, finding out that I’m doing something I love and that I feel prepared to do it when I graduate.”

Fun fact: Justin has a twin sister Brittany who plays field hockey at Ohio University!

Alexa is a 23-year-old PR major from Bucks County, PA. At York, she is the president of PRSSA, VP of Hillel, and a member of Do Something club. When she's not busy studying, she's usually at cheer practice for her all-star team. If she's not there, she's either binge watching House on Netflix or shopping!