Finals as told by Elf and the Grinch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Its the Saturday before finals weeks and while you should be studying you are laying on your bed eating chips and wondering what to do.

Then when you decide to actually study you look at your schedule and, well, you’re booked! But you still find time in that crazy schedule of yours to start study for you final on Monday.

After studying for a few hours you hear a knock and your door and one of your roommates walks in sheepishly to make sure you won’t bite her head off.

She tells you all your roommates are going out that night and you just laugh and say no.

But after a little convincing you decide you could probably use a break from studying.

You wake up the next morning and feel like absolute crap but you know you need to get back to studying.

Before getting back to studying you check your syllabus for your classes and find that most of your finals are cumulative. So then you realize you need to stay up all night to finish studying, so naturally you head to the library.

2 am hits and unfortunately the librarian kicks you out of the library, so you have to head back to your room.

You’re roommates tell you that you should head to bed when you get back to your dorm but you just laugh at them and go right back to studying.

It’s now Monday, the day of your final, you haven’t slept and you feel like absolute death. While on your way to the class all you hear is happy people leaving for break who have already finished their finals playing Christmas music in their cars as loud as possible.

You get to your classroom and while you teacher is handing out the test they say “This will be easy.”

You look at the test and your mind goes completely blank but then as you work on it you realize you know more then you think.

You finish your test and take it up to your teacher to hand in.  She says to you “Have a nice break” and you walk out with a huge smile on your face.

But fortunately you made it to the end of finals.

You realize you are just so happy that you survived and hopefully passed!

And you can start planning your winter break!

Caitlyn Colgan is a Junior Public Relations major at York College of Pa. She also have a minor in Musical Theater  She is a sister of the Phi Eta chapter of Phi Mu. She loves theater a little too much and spends almost all of her time dancing, singing and acting.