Best Twitter Accounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

You wake up in the morning. What’s the first thing you do? Scroll through twitter.

You’re sitting in class enduring a lecture which will actually be the death of you (in addition to the thousands of other lectures that were also supposed to be the death of you). What do you do? Scroll through twitter.

You’re a passenger in your friend’s car while he or she terrorizes you with a playlist of bad alternative songs. What do you do? Scroll through twitter.

You’re….OK, you get the point.

For college students, Twitter is more than just a social media platform, it’s an addiction. We don’t just go on there to see what’s happening in the world. We go on there to laugh, to cry and to find satisfaction in sometimes very dumb things.

Here are the top five Twitter accounts that I recommend following if you’re looking for some entertainment:

what – @chanelpuke

If you like laughing at ridiculous jokes, then this account is for you. God knows who runs this account, but whoever does stays up-to-date on the latest horrible puns, viral videos and jokes.

Cute Emergency – @CuteEmergency

Do you like puppies? The answer is yes. Follow this account if you want to see really cute puppies – I shouldn’t have to give you any other reason. It will seriously put a smile on your face and make your entire day.

Best Vines – @TheFunnyVine

Whether you support the idea of becoming “Vine famous” or not, this account is worth taking a look at. It is typically the first to post the most hilarious vines in circulation. It has actually garnered over a million followers as a result. You won’t be the only one to watch that guy being hit head-on by a flying skateboard over and over again, trust me.

Dream Houses – @HouseP0rn

We all love obsessing over what we can’t have. This account posts pictures of some of the most luxurious mansions that the world has to offer. Don’t let the strange account handle steer you away. You won’t be able to take your eyes off these houses. You may also not be able to stop crying once you realize that you’ll never be able to afford them, but try not to think about that too much.

York College of PA – @yorkcollegepa

Not that I’m biased or anything, but this account is truly the best of the best. Run by Andy Shawn, the director of web communications at York, this account responds to YCP student complaints and comments with hilarious wit. Providing York College updates is almost considered a side-task. But look out, you never know when you or a friend will catch Shaw’s eye and fall victim by being a part of the humor that this account has to offer.

Lucas Dimini is a junior public relations major at York. He is the president of York's PRSSA Chapter and a member of CAB. He can often be found watching reality TV or going on long walks. He is also an avid James Dean wannabe. Follow him on Twitter (@LucasDimini) and Instagram (lucasdimini) to learn more.