Being Sick in College Sucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

You always get to that point in the year or semester where it just seems like every single person on campus is sick. Well, I think York has hit that point. Anywhere you go you see someone coughing and sneezing and all you can do is just pray that you aren’t next. I was one of those people praying but of course, it hit me. I guess you just can’t help getting sick when half of your classmates are sick plus your roommates.

Being sick in college is probably one of the worst things. You feel so tired and dining hall food doesn’t help. You don’t have the energy to go to your classes so you end up behind or you are the annoying one in the class constantly coughing and sneezing that you end up missing the lecture anyway. You’re surrounded by so many people so all the mixed air and germs makes you sick for longer and whatever you have you just have to deal with it until you go home for break.

Even though I’m currently sick, I still take precautions that you should definitely follow too.

1. Always wash your hands (duh)

2. Keep a pack of tissues and cough drops  in your backpack and purse

3. Use hand sanitizer

4. Don’t share any cups or drinks

5. Get a lot of rest

6. Drink fluids and always carry water with you

7. And if you feel sick make sure to get checked out, you don’t want anything to get worse.

I'm Jen and I'm a sophomore nursing major at YCP. I'm from Jersey and I love fashion, my dog, Harry Potter, giraffes, and singing in the shower.