tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Things That Happen When Your Best Friend Transfers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

You spend all summer together, savoring every moment

Whether it’s going to the movies, celebrating birthdays, road tripping, or lounging on the couch, you soak up these moments.

You start walking to their place out of habit

Only to realize that they don’t live there anymore and if you came bursting through the door, the new occupants might call the cops.

You send each other snaps whenever you’re reminded of them

Or just to try out the latest snapchat filters.

The “how was your day?” text has more meaning

Because you don’t see each other throughout the day, asking how each other’s days went has more importance than casually asking them over dinner at the dining hall.

You make plans to see each other

Whenever possible, you want to see each other- especially for big events they’re in or when you’re both really in need of some bestie time. They’re the trips that you look forward to for weeks on end.

You set up “friend dates”

Whether it’s a scheduled FaceTime or watching Hell’s Kitchen and Jeopardy at the same time, these “dates” help get you through until you can meet in person again.

You appreciate each other so much more

Sometimes when you get to see each other everyday, you forget to appreciate the little things you do for each other like: making dinner, doing puzzles, spilling the tea, or getting way too competitive in Mario Kart. While distance can be hard, true friends will stick by you however they can and will never be more than a phone call away.