5 Ways to Beat Procrastination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Have you ever found yourself  at 3:00 AM with 5 more pages to write on a major paper that’s due at 8 AM and you still have that exam you need to study for? Follow these helpful steps to put procrastination in its place. 

1. Go to a website called Cold Turkey.

It’s a free website that has a downloadable link, once it is downloaded you will be able to block any website you want….including Netflix. You set a time for when you want your websites unlocked (don’t worry you can still unlock them before the time is up).

2. Give your cell phone to a friend or roommate. 

Put a passcode on it (if you don’t already), just in case. This will prevent you from always checking up on social media, texting, calls, and playing games. 

3. Go to a quiet place. 

Your room may be a noisy place and very distracting. Going to the library or a study lounge can be very beneficial. 

4. Break down big assignments. 

I know it’s easier said than done, but trust me it works.  No one actually likes to do papers and projects all in one night, but they end doing that anyway.  Setting up a schedule for different assignments and having deadlines can help you not only get a better grade, but it can give you more free time. 

5. Time your work schedule.

Work really hard for 15 minutes, than reward yourself for 5 minutes. Set an alarm for both times. This will ease the stress and make studying and homework a little easier. 

M V

YCP '16

Hi