3 Sources to Use When You Don’t Know How to Study

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

A common complaint among many college students are that they “just don’t know how to study.” If looking over PowerPoint slides and PDFs just isn’t doing it for you anymore, here are some online tools that are accessible, easy-to-use, and effective. 

1. Quizlet

Quizlet is a fun, interactive website that will personalize your studying experience. It allows you to create a customized diagram that includes all the terms you need to learn, then transfers the information into matching games, flashcards, quizzes, and fast typing tests. This makes memorizing vocabulary, locations, and formulas simpler than ever before.

2. Sparknotes

This comprehensive database contains detailed information on all the of “classics”–perfect for anyone who struggles with literature studies. It includes chapter summaries, character analyses, explanations of symbolism, and more.

3. Crash Course 

Crash Course is a series of YouTube videos created by John Green, author of The Fault in Our Stars, and his brother, Hank Green. They cover a wide variety of subjects including US History, Psychology, Biology, and many others. 

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!