15 gift ideas under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

On a small budget this year for holiday gifts? No worries here’s 15 gift ideas under $20!

1. Gift cards, Gift cards, and Gift cards

Who doesn’t love getting gift cards? This saves you the trouble of picking out “the right” gift.  You can give whomever 4 $5 gift cards (Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, McDonald’s, etc.) 2 for $10 or even just 1 for $20.

2. For the coffee/tea/hot chocolate drinker

Get them a pack of their favorite tea/coffee/hot chocolate, with a mug that fits their personality! They’ll be sure to love it.

3. Nail Polish Survival Kit:

Nail Polishes, Nail File, Nail clippers, top coat, base coat. (Put it in a Mason Jar with a ribbon tied around it).

4. Make-up Product Survival Kit:

Mascara, Lipstick/Gloss, Eyeliner, Concealer, etc. (Again the Mason Jar Idea).

5. Movie Bucket

Buy an oversized popcorn bucket; put (cheap) movies, candy, and popcorn in it! Perfect gift for anyone.

6. ScrapBook!

Your family keeps asking for the photos from that vacation that you took forever ago? Put them in a scrapbook so that they are all in one place and it makes a perfect memoir for any loved one.

7. Any DIY project

With the right touch and creativeness you can make virtually anything for cheap to give to a loved one, that truly sends the right message.

8. Phone Accessories

Make a Bundle of Charging Cords, a new case, and headphones.

9. Clothing

You can easily buy a nice sweater, funny t-shirt, scarf, socks, almost anything that would really bring out a true personality of the person you’re buying for, for a good price.

10.  Music!

You can give the simple I-Tunes giftcard, or you can make a bunch of mix tapes for different occasions (Bad Day Mix, Sitting on Cloud 9 Mix, Mellow Mix, etc.)

11.  Crafting Enthusiast

New paintbrushes and paints, maybe even a new drawing pad and canvases!

12.  Vera Bradley/Lily Pulitzer

They are always having sales, just keep looking. Some deals that are great are gloves, lanyards, phone cases, and wallets.

13.  Bath and Body Works

Pick up a bunch of traveling size lotions and soaps and/or other amenities you think would fit!

14.  Visit Etsy.com

Homemade jewelry, art, and almost everything homemade craft you can think of. Visit the website you’ll be happy you did.  (You might even find something for yourself!)

15.  Back to School Survival Kit

Obviously you don’t really want to think about school during break, but you will soon need to stock up on pens, notebooks, and books for the new semester. 

M V

YCP '16

Hi
Caitlyn Colgan is a Junior Public Relations major at York College of Pa. She also have a minor in Musical Theater  She is a sister of the Phi Eta chapter of Phi Mu. She loves theater a little too much and spends almost all of her time dancing, singing and acting.