Where to Find the Best Comfort Food During Finals Period

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Starting your day off right…

Head to Blue State and pick up an iced coffee to start off the beautiful spring day. Depressed about your early morning bass-capades? Grab a slice of their cranberry walnut bread with some butter to go- it makes that deserted study room a little more enjoyable.

If you can’t handle the brunch-dinner void on weekends…
Venture out of the dark libraries to the Ay! Arepa truck on York and Elm for a delicious arepa! I love veggie, but I’ve heard good things about shrimp, too.

Need a fifteen minute study break?
Run out to the closest froyo store with a friend for a little sugar rush. I’m always a fan of froyo world (but their flavors are a little strange right now…)

If you just can’t handle the dining hall dinners…
Aragonian lentils and mushroom?? I just don’t know anymore Yale! Head to Atticus for some amazing soups and Mac n cheese!

If you need something greasy…
Either Pad Thai or Shake Shack will do the trick- your pick!

If you’re taking the night off from studying…
Frozen margaritas and nachos at Vivas! Their nachos may be pretty bare (it’s usually just cheese on chips with a topping of choice), but they always taste great to me…though maybe that’s just the drunchies.

And when you’re ready to celebrate your last final…
Take your friends to Prime 16 or try out the new restaurant, Roia, and then treat yourself to delish drinks at 116 Crown or Ordinary!

And don’t forget to check your email for potential study breaks hosted by your college or college council! Who doesn’t love free food?!