bellini?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bellini?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Photo courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

I don’t hate Valentines day. I don’t even think about Valentine’s day. In fact, on February 14th if someone asked me what day it was, “Wednesday, wait no Thursday” would be my answer. I’d have no idea. I don’t need a holiday to eat chocolate–I do that everyday. 

I am NOT, though, your archtypical “I hate Valentine’s day” campaigner. I enjoy the parties, excessive sweets, and economic stimulation. I let my friends divulge the romantic/erotic/disappointing details of their relationships over a mug of Strawberry Mocha Coffee. I adore the surprise of singing valentines, the hue of roses, and any excuse to take February off and spend all month debating whether I prefer a young Jude Law or a young Milo Ventimigla. 

But on the day of destiny itself, February 14th, rarely does anything of consequence happen–but that doesn’t mean this year we can’t all freakin enjoy it. Cuffed, loner, married, or complicated bi-otch, here’s a list of what/who to do this beautiful Valentine’s day.

1. Eat out

With a lover, by yourself, with some friends, or your parents, get a glass of Merlot, order a juicy salad, and mangiare. Nothing says love like caloric intake. If you’re not gonna get pounded by your S/O gain pounds from your pasta.

2. Be Eaten out

3. Role Play

Whoever said “it takes two to tango”, never solo role-played as a tango master. It doesn’t matter if your role play doesn’t involve shagging. Just pick a character and pretend to be them the whole day: a French pastry chef, a Swedish schoolgirl, Mila Kunis, a kangaroo, the world is yours. 

4. Your Crush

Valentine’s day is an outstanding excuse to text whoever and shoot your shot at love. Text and don’t regret it. Follow the “wyd” with a winkie face and pray to Saint Valentine you get a happy ending (you seriously deserve it).

5. Take a Trip

To be honest, romance isn’t just being in a relationship. It’s a feeling of remoteness from real life, its any excitement and intrigue associated with love. Cities are romantic, certain cultures, natural phenomena–you could find romance by yourself anywhere, and don’t be afraid to do so.

Sophomore at Yale University. Philosophy Major. Lover.
Emma Gray

Yale '21

My name is Emma Gray and I am the President and Campus Correspondent for Yale's Her Campus chapter. I am a Sophomore in Saybrook and I am planning on majoring in European History. I am passionate about universal health education and about criminal justice reform. In my free time I love going to the Yale Center for British Art and watching The Office. I am excited to start working with our new team!