Jesse Pritchard ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Year: 2014

College: Saybrook

Major: English

Hometown: Ames, Iowa

Photo from yalebulldogs.com

This week’s Campus Cutie found some time in between his midterms and preparing for an incredibly important weekend for the Men’s Basketball team to sit down and talk with Her Campus about his Yale experience on and off the basketball court! And be sure to come to Payne Whitney Gym Friday night for their game against Harvard!

Rapid Fire:

Favorite Party theme: Chocolate Devotion

Best dance song: Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye

Facebook, twitter or instagram: Facebook

Movie: American Heart

Food: My dad’s pizza

Relationship status: Happily in a relationship!

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

JP: Megan Good. Or Rihanna, I do love Rihanna

HC: Describe yourself in three words

JP: Impulsive, Athletic and Immature

HC: What organizations are you involved in on campus?

JP: Yale Radio, Bulldogs Sustainability, Bulldog Pause… oh, and Yale Men’s Basketball.

HC: Favorite spot on campus?

JP: Am I allowed to say my bedroom?

HC: What’s on your Yale bucket list?

JP: To do the naked slide across the women’s table. Yeah, I haven’t done that. Sounds cool.

HC: Where can we find you on a Saturday night?

JP: You can probably find me turnt up at the basketball house or Amigo Felix jamming out to White Snake “Here I Go Again.”

HC: Any embarrassing moments at Yale?

JP: On the court, my freshman year, I air balled more threes than I made. That was pretty embarrassing. Off the court, well, can I put a disclaimer? I’m sorry Mom, if you read this, but I’ve wet the bed in college. It doesn’t get much worse than that.

HC: What it like being the captain of a varsity team?

JP: It’s incredibly fun but it’s a lot more stressful than I would have imagined just because its hard to always think that I’m always representing an entire program even though it’s so much bigger than just me. Makes me always want to represent myself well.

HC: We hear you have a big game on Friday?

JP: We’re currently 2nd in the Ivy League, We’re 2 games behind Harvard and its senior weekend and my mom and dad will be here together for the first time. So it’s incredibly emotional. We beat Harvard at their house so we know we can beat them.  If we go 2-0 and Harvard goes 0-2, we share the conference championship.

HC: Do you have any idea what you’ll be doing next year.

JP: I’ll either be working in Rwanda or Hawaii. Hopefully I’ll be coaching basketball in Rwanda. Or I’ll become a professional chiller in Hawaii. I have a one way ticket booked to Hawaii but I found out about Rwanda on March 15th!

HC: What’s in Rwanda?

JP: I applied for this Shooting Touch grant that would pay for me to teach basketball in Rwanda! There was a broad application and I made it to be one of the five finalists for two spots. So we all posted videos on YouTube and if my video gets the most views, I get a head start on the other candidates in the selection process. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNF7r6SioCI)

HC: First thing you notice in a girl?

JP: Her smile. And her eyes.

HC: What’s your best pick up line?

JP: I don’t use pick up lines. I just live in the moment. I’ve never used one but I just try to get them to dance… so I can show them my moves *laughs*

HC: What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done for a girl?

JP: I think last year I asked a girl to Radio Prom on valentines day by making her a goodie bag and a love note and delivered it to her. And I think flying to Israel is pretty romantic too (His girlfriend is studying abroad in Israel!)HC: Any advice for girls at Yale

JP: Let loose a little bit. And not be so judgmental. But I think that goes for everyone, not just the girls.

HC: Yale Girls are the best because…

JP: they understand the beauty of a Wenzel.

Jesse and the rest of the Men’s Basketball Team will be battling it out against Harvard on Friday at 7pm in John J. Lee Ampitheatre in Payne Whitney Gymnasium. If you’re still on campus, go show your support!