Campus Celebrity: Lauren Wackerle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Celebrity- our very own Lauren Wackerle!  Lauren is a senior here at Yale, and a very accomplished one at that.  She is an important and very devoted member of our Varsity Women’s Lacrosse team, but her talents don’t stop there.  Let’s find out a little more about Lauren!

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Arlington, Virginia

Celebrity crush? Brady Quinn or Tom Wilson

Favorite color? Royal blue

Cheese or Chocolate? Dark chocolate

Go-to Netflix series? Greys Anatomy

Favorite thing about Yale?

Lauren Wackerle: Most definitely the endless amount of interesting and talented people I’m surrounded by at Yale.  Yale really encourages us to take advantage of this, and I’ve always liked how almost all social events and places are open to everyone and within walking distance.  I’m fortunate for my great friends on the lacrosse team, “suitemates” from Trumbull and wonderful Dean, and other fantastic people I enjoy from my classes, sorority, and extracurricular organizations.  

Favorite place on campus?

LW: The Oxford!

Bucket list Item?

LW: After taking Egyptian hieroglyphics, I would love to travel to Egypt or maybe go on one of the ancient “digs” sponsored by the department.  I also loved studying abroad in London, and would like to go back and spend time in Italy this time too!

Who do you look up to?

LW: My brother who is finishing medical school is inspiring and someone I can turn to for anything.  Doug is always optimistic and up to try anything.  I’ve never met anyone more competent and composed under pressure—He is going to make an amazing doctor!

Where do you hope to be in five years?

LW: After graduation I am returning to Morgan Stanley and plan to pursue a career in finance with possibly a future focus on its intersection with government after growing up near Washington, DC.  I am also interested in going to graduate school.