Beat the Midterm Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Midterm season is here and finding that perfect study spot can almost be harder than memorizing chemical formulas, economic theories, and philosophers names!  Here are some usually unthought-of, must-have study spots for any work you need to get done!

1.  Blue State Coffee

As a quintessential coffee shop, Blue State offers a wide variety of coffee, tea, and delicious study snacks.  It is dimly lit with soothing music in the background–perfect for essay writing and studying in particular.  It is set up with a bunch of small tables, ideal for one or two people, and has multiple big comfy chairs for when you need a break or want to relax while reading over class notes or a book of choice.

2.   Yale School of Management

The Yale School of Management is a brisk walk away from Old Campus but it is right next door to Science Hill.  The architecture is truly one of a kind, and light shines through the building as a good part of the walls are made of glass. There are also tables and chairs set up outside, which perfect for getting some fresh air while working hard! If you’ve never been you must go check it out!

3.  Maison Mathis

Unlike Blue State, Maison Mathis is incredibly bright inside and immediately wakes you up when you walk in. (But not to the point of getting a headache!)  Not only does Maison Mathis have coffee and tea, but it also has an incredible breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. Don’t even get started on the pastries they offer! They have small tables in addition to large long ones, perfect for a group study session.

4.  Residential College Courtyards

The weather has been surprisingly nice lately, so what’s better than studying outside? Some perfect study spots are literally right in your backyard! Step outside into any one of the residential courtyards to knock out some work or lie on the hammock as a study break! You can take in the fresh air, enjoy a scenic view, and maybe even work on your tan!