The #Struggle of Class Scheduling

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

It’s finally fall! But with fall time, comes midterms and the familiar feeling of dread when your advisor’s name pops up in your e-mail. It’s time to set up a meeting for class scheduling. Oh joy…

1) Trying to find a meeting time to meet with your advisor before registration opens.

2) Spending hours trying to piece together all the classes you have to take.

3) Trying to figure out if you want to have all your classes done later in the day just to sleep in, or if you want to get them over and done with in the morning.

4) The realization of having no choice in taking an 8am class.

5) When your time slot opens up for scheduling… and you’re in class.

6) Being waitlisted…. For that class you really needed.

7) Not being able to get on the waitlist and just hoping that someone drops it before the semester starts.

8) Trying to find a fun class to take, and then nothing’s left… enjoy Acting Class at 9pm.

9) Getting the ideal class time and then you find out that it’s with the professor with a bad rep.

10) Being forced to take unnecessary and boring classes that don’t pertain to your major.

You can do it collegiettes!

Picture Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Mary Soukup is a Sophomore Engineering Physics Major at Xavier University from Aurora, Indiana. When she is not writing articles for Her Campus, she can be found studying or working at the Cincincinnati Zoo.