Pep Talk for Those Struggling with Finding Housing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Let’s just lay it all out there: between finding roommates who won’t get on your nerves halfway through the year to deciding between on campus or off, figuring out where you’re going to live next year is a complete headache. Our hearts goes out to those brave souls who stood in line for UStation or have been suffering through house visits. Eventually, the madness will end and you’ll have it all figured out, but until then let us sympathize with you.

When you walk into a potential house to rent for the next year, and the rooms are tiny, the bathroom is basically non-existent, and you can’t figure out where that weird smell is coming from:

And the landlord starts talking to you about signing contracts, insurance policies, and other things you’ve never had to deal with before:

When you find out you’re competing with a group of other people (possibly even people you’re friends with) for the one spot or house that you want:

You may act tough on the outside, but on the inside you’re freaking out that you won’t get it:

In the end, you don’t get the place you thought you wanted:

But you will get a place that will become your home:

And you’ll make the best out of it every Friday night:

So as much as it sucks now, stay strong, because it’ll all work itself out. We promise.

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.