Must Have Chrome Extentions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Ad-Block for Youtube

Ads on Youtube are never anyone’s fan. Using this extension removes the ads, allows viewers some of their sanity back, and provides nostalgia of the good ol’ days. But users beware, often times revenue for YouTubers is made from their ads, so if there is a particular YouTuber that you frequent, make sure to disable the extension before continuing.

B.S. Detector

Tired of hearing about fake news? Are Facebook friends always sharing articles from unsure sources? Did a piece of information cross you newsfeed, seem too good to be true, and was shared just to find out the following week that the information was fake? B.S. Detector flies a red banner above news sources to tell you whether you should disregard the article, or proceed with caution.

Google Docs Offline

Access all of your Google Docs offline. Edit and view documents even when in a spot that doesn’t have wifi. This extension makes getting work done easier. Without wifi to distract from papers, there’s nothing holding you back.

Honey

Online shoppers get ready, this extension will look for any and all possible coupon codes when checking out. It will show a prompt asking if you want it to look for codes, then do it’s thing. It’s a slick design, and really works. Some purchases even have a return percentage meaning you can get money back.

Showgoers for Netflix

Gone are the days of hitting the play button at the same time to enjoy a movie together over the phone. Showgoers allows users to watch Netflix together for a fun movie night, or to make sure both parties can keep up with a TV show even when apart.

Amber Lauzé is a senior Entrepreneurial Studies and Management double major from Auburn, Maine. When not writing for HCXU, she can found at one of her many jobs, or hunting for her cat that likes to hide in blankets.