If you live far away from your university, you are no stranger to long car drives. While some people dread them, they can be relaxing or even fun. Here’s four ways to help long car trips be more enjoyable.
- Catch up with family and friends
- Long car trips are the perfect opportunity to call your grandma, mom, or high school friends. Taking to someone is a great way to pass the time, as long as you are being safe and smart about it. Before you do this, check the laws of the state you are driving through, and make sure you are using the safest option, such as hands-free Bluetooth.
- Make a fun playlist
- Now is the perfect opportunity to listen to some new music or jam to your childhood favorites. Sing at the top of your lungs, no one can hear!
- Listen to a podcast
- Podcasts are very underrated, at least in my opinion. They make them about tons of different subjects, and range from funny to serious. Two of my favorites are Guys We F****d and Pod Save America, but there’s so many to choose from.
- Take some time to just be with yourself
- Reflect on your life and your goals. Pray if you’re religious. Look around at the scenery. Think about anything. Just enjoy the time you have alone in thought.